It’s the final countdown to the wedding, and my pain flare won’t go away. All I’m doing is laying on the couch or hiding under a glacier of ice packs on the bed. Bear is doing everything. Thankfully the semester has been over for graduate school so I don’t have to worry about anything too serious, however, I do have a website I need to attend to for a nonprofit. This is no where near my radar.
I have begun experiencing electric shock throughout my body throughout the day starting last week, beginning in my hand joints. Bear and I tried going out to celebrate my getting published for real by going to a plant nursery, and the electricity jolted me up and down the left side of my body. We turned around and had a day in bed. But before I retreated to my sheets, I threw together this “imagination recipe” that Bear loved.
Imagination recipes are recipes that you dream up on the spot. Bear has told me repeatedly that he thinks it’s super cool I can do that, and I concur. It’s not as cool as getting published, flying an airplane, or being able to use magic, but it does make me feel productive and proud of myself when I can at least throw something in the slow cooker.
Vegetarian Slow Cooker Potato Soup
I did all of this at once, threw it in the crock pot all day, and zapped it with an immersion blender at the end. If you lack less spoons than me I will add in an accommodation.
You may notice that I typically do vegan recipes, and I identify as vegan, however, I could not make my own cream of celery soup so I tried to find the closest thing I could to a vegan cream of vegetable soup on the internet due to my spoon shortage. Don’t @ me. If you’ve got an easy recipe to share lemme know.
- 9 full size baking potatoes (adaptation – small bag of mini golden potatoes)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- Amy’s Organic Soups Cream Of Mushroom Semi-Condensed 🌱 This is what Google thinks is vegan, I know it’s not, I’m so, so sorry too.
- 1 cup of Gardein grilled “chikin” cutlets (or any other vegan grilled chicken substitute like Quorn, however, do NOT use tofu as it will disintegrate and to prevent it from disintegrating would cost you too many spoons)
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup vegan cheese (I used Go Veggie)
- Decide whether you are using mini potatoes (fits inside the palm of your hand, is circular) or the brown potatoes. If you are using the brown potatoes, chop them vertically into somewhat thin strips but not too thin, about an inch, but do not peel. If you have the mini potatoes, simply rinse and dump the whole bag into the crockpot. The mini potatoes route will save you lots of spoons if you have electric hands.
- Add in all ingredients, including the chicken substitute.
- Top with vegan cheese.
- Set the crock pot on low for 5 hours.
- When the crock pot is done, use an immersion blender and cream the mixture inside the crockpot. Leave it a little chunky but still creamy.
Enjoy your crockpots, and may the spoons be with you!